PokeArena
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Trainer Card Tutorial

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Eevee Brothers
Co Admin
Co Admin
Eevee Brothers

Number of posts : 288
Friend Codes : Diamond Code: (Travis) 0301 8587 0344
Trainer Card Tutorial Left_bar_bleue100 / 100100 / 100Trainer Card Tutorial Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2008-03-26

Trainer Card Tutorial Empty
PostSubject: Trainer Card Tutorial   Trainer Card Tutorial EmptyTue Apr 15, 2008 2:24 pm

I decided to turn this into a tutorial instead Tongue Here you go, if any of you want to try it out be my guest, lol.
Here are the Trainer Card parts you need.

Background Trainer Card Tutorial Backgroundkn3 Used in Step 2
Boarder Trainer Card Trainer Card Tutorial Boardertrainercardes3 Used in Step 3
Details Trainer Card Trainer Card Tutorial Detailstrainercardea2 Used in Step 4
Outline Trainer Card Tutorial Outlinevj1 Used in Step 9

1: Get a picture, any picture will do fine. Just make sure it's big enough to fit all the way under the card.
Trainer Card Tutorial Step1dn7
2: Put the Trainer Card Background over it and make the red background on the trainer card invisible. Like this Make sure you save more than one of these. You will need more and just incase you mess up on one.
Trainer Card Tutorial Step2qt7
3: Now get the Boarder Trainer Card and put it over the trainer card up above. And once again make the red part invisable. Like this Save this picture and we will get back to it later.
Trainer Card Tutorial Step3tf4
4: Now get another picture of part 2, but this time. Get the Details Trainer Card and do the same thing. It should look like this Save this picture and we will get back to it later.
Trainer Card Tutorial Step4es1
5: Now, open up GIMP (or another program that will let you turn images darker or lighter) and put the Boarder Trainer Card image in there. Darken it however dark you want it. Should look a little like this
Trainer Card Tutorial Step5lk4
6: Once again open up GIMP (or any other program) and put the Details Trainer Card on there. This time lighten this one. Should look something like this Kinda hard to see since I lightend it so much.
Trainer Card Tutorial Step6nb1
7: Now get another Trainer Card from step 2, this time put the Darkend Boarder part one over it. Should look like this Make sure you make the white parts invisible.
Trainer Card Tutorial Step7cv9
8: Now take the card you made from step 7, and put the Lightend Details one over it. Like this
Trainer Card Tutorial Step8iy0
9: Almost finished. Now get the Trainer Card Boarder part and put it over it. Make sure white is invisible. Like this And your done, alls you have to do is put the pokemon sprites in, trainer sprite, name, and badges!
Trainer Card Tutorial Step9oh7

Here is the Sprite Tutorial

Sprite Outline Trainer Card Tutorial Spriteoutlinemp7 Used in Step 4

1: Get a sprite
Trainer Card Tutorial Spritestep1uq2
2: You see how on my sprite Articunos eye and claws are white Now there green like the background.
Trainer Card Tutorial Spritestep2ix4
3: Paint them a differnt color than white. Like this
Trainer Card Tutorial Spritestep3zf6
4: Get the Sprite Outline piece and put it over the part of your sprite you want. Like this
Trainer Card Tutorial Spritestep4pj2
5: Now just erase the parts outside of the Outline piece.
Trainer Card Tutorial Spritestep5vq1
6: Your done. Now just put your sprite on your card. Make sure you don't erase the parts that are supost to be white. That will make them the background color. Like this
Trainer Card Tutorial Spritestep6hy6
7: Now that you have the background on, you can erase the parts that are supost to be white.
Trainer Card Tutorial Spritestep7nk4

1: To start making your name get this picture. This is the part where your name will go on your card.
Trainer Card Tutorial 52160715fn5
2: Make your name.
Trainer Card Tutorial 15513861nw0
3: Now, put you name on the red square in step 1. Like this
Trainer Card Tutorial 32110554fu6
4: Make 2 of them, and on 1 erase the black lines. And on the other erase the light grey ones. Like this
Trainer Card Tutorial 41ed3 Trainer Card Tutorial 42gh8
5: Now put the one with the black name over your trainer card (the part where the name is supost to go) and make the black invisible so you see your trainer card in the back. Like this
Trainer Card Tutorial 93371965au8
6: Now do the same thing with the light grey one.
Trainer Card Tutorial 45090674mx5
7: Now get the one from step 5 and put it on a program that you can darken/lighten pictures with. Because the background color is lightend 4 times (for me) your going to want to darken in 4 times. Like this
Trainer Card Tutorial 15224519vl6
8: Now get the one you used in step 6 and do the same thing. But since you darkend the last one 4 times. Only darken this one 2 times, so it is a little bit darker than the normal background, and a little bit lighter than the other part. Like this
Trainer Card Tutorial 24080205ex3
9: Almost done with the name, now just put the one you used in step 7 and 8 on the card. Make sure you make the red part invisible. Like this
Trainer Card Tutorial 28151170em9
10: There you go, you put your name on. If you ever think it is to light, and can't see it to much. Just darken it, just make sure that the part of the name that used to be black (the one used in step 5) is alwase darker than the one used in step 6.

Text Trainer Card Tutorial Textrt1
Badges Trainer Card Tutorial Badgesmf9
Ribbons Trainer Card Tutorial Ribbonsmu0
Symbols Trainer Card Tutorial Symbolsrk4

Here is how you put the rest of the things on.
Trainer: Just get a trainer from anywhere and put it on the left side of the card.
Badges: Get any badges and put them in the 8 boxs down at the bottom.
Sprites: Im working on a tutorial on how to put the sprites in the boxs the right way. It should be up in a few.
Name: I am working on a tutorial on how to put the name in. The name is one of the hardest parts.

Here are some of the other cards. Im working on some other design right now.
Frontier Card Trainer Card Tutorial Frontiercardck9
Co-ordinator CardTrainer Card Tutorial Coordinatorcardjt6

If you have any questions just post or private message me. I would be glad to help Big Grin
Here are some I have done. Whach out if you have darker pictures. When you lighten them, they may turn out weird looking.
Trainer Cards Trainer Card Tutorial Trainercard1wg9 Trainer Card Tutorial Trainercard2fj7 Trainer Card Tutorial Trainercard3yx8 Trainer Card Tutorial Trainercardew5
Frontier Cards Trainer Card Tutorial Frontiercardbh3
Co-ordinator's Cards Trainer Card Tutorial Coordinatorscardou8

Last edited by Eevee Brothers on Tue Apr 22, 2008 4:06 pm; edited 20 times in total
Back to top Go down
https://pokemonarena.forumotion.net/index.htm
Dragon
Resident Artist
Resident Artist
Dragon

Number of posts : 187
Trainer Card Tutorial Left_bar_bleue50 / 10050 / 100Trainer Card Tutorial Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2008-04-02

PostSubject: Re: Trainer Card Tutorial   Trainer Card Tutorial EmptyTue Apr 15, 2008 4:07 pm

Holy hamster balls, Eevee! Those look really sweet Blink
Back to top Go down
http://dojo.fi/~rancid/loituma__.swf
Snakehead
Admin Leader
Admin Leader

Number of posts : 305
Friend Codes : Pearl:Can't remeber Diamond: Can't remeber
Trainer Card Tutorial Left_bar_bleue100 / 100100 / 100Trainer Card Tutorial Right_bar_bleue

PostSubject: Re: Trainer Card Tutorial   Trainer Card Tutorial EmptyTue Apr 15, 2008 4:09 pm

love the lucario one, needs some sprites on it though.
Back to top Go down
https://pokemonarena.forumotion.net
Eevee Brothers
Co Admin
Co Admin
Eevee Brothers

PostSubject: Re: Trainer Card Tutorial   Trainer Card Tutorial EmptyTue Apr 15, 2008 4:15 pm

Lol, thank you Big Grin Im makeing the lucario one as my new trainer card Tongue It's takeing a wile though. Ill post here when it's done Big Grin .
Back to top Go down
PCG520
MMO Co-ordinator
MMO Co-ordinator
PCG520

Number of posts : 177
Trainer Card Tutorial Left_bar_bleue50 / 10050 / 100Trainer Card Tutorial Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2008-04-06

PostSubject: Re: Trainer Card Tutorial   Trainer Card Tutorial EmptyTue Apr 15, 2008 5:06 pm

I've seen better things come out my butt. :V

Just kidding! Great trainer card! Was thinking about sprucing mine up, but just never got around to it. *Shrugs* I keep mine updated though. Just having trouble getting past the 3rd Gym Leader because most of my pokemon suck. >__<
Back to top Go down
http://gunz.ijji.com
Eevee Brothers
Co Admin
Co Admin
Eevee Brothers

PostSubject: Re: Trainer Card Tutorial   Trainer Card Tutorial EmptyTue Apr 15, 2008 5:12 pm

Lol, most of my pokemon do to (at the moment...). I keep messing around with my team and so many of them are low lvl. But thanx Big Grin They wern't to hard to do (just took time).
Back to top Go down
Eevee Brothers
Co Admin
Co Admin
Eevee Brothers

PostSubject: Re: Trainer Card Tutorial   Trainer Card Tutorial EmptyThu Apr 17, 2008 11:45 pm

Uh oh! I double posted Laugh But just wanted to show you a site I found. It has tons of in game sprites! It's awsome. Here it is http://www.spriters-resource.com/nintendo/pokemon/
Back to top Go down
Snakehead
Admin Leader
Admin Leader

PostSubject: Re: Trainer Card Tutorial   Trainer Card Tutorial EmptyFri Apr 18, 2008 6:02 am

Nice tut eevee bros! I <3 that trainer card. Love

And don't worry about the double post.
Back to top Go down
Eevee Brothers
Co Admin
Co Admin
Eevee Brothers

PostSubject: Re: Trainer Card Tutorial   Trainer Card Tutorial EmptyFri Apr 18, 2008 7:05 am

Lol, thank you Big Grin Laugh . You can use it if you want. Im not going to, lol. Or just make one with a differnt picture lol. And yea, I didn't think it would matter to much since it has been over 24 hours since I posted the post before that.
Back to top Go down
Snakehead
Admin Leader
Admin Leader

PostSubject: Re: Trainer Card Tutorial   Trainer Card Tutorial EmptyFri Apr 18, 2008 7:59 am

I'm going to use your method to make a trainer card, but using a flame i created in gimp, I'll edit this post later and show it here. What color flame do you think would work? I was thinking a light blue based one.
Back to top Go down
Eevee Brothers
Co Admin
Co Admin
Eevee Brothers

PostSubject: Re: Trainer Card Tutorial   Trainer Card Tutorial EmptyFri Apr 18, 2008 8:05 am

Lol, nice! I would think blue would look the best! Or green! They both would look awsome! Im gona make some more of the cards later, and edit them onto the "Trainer Card Tutorial" post. Im also gona update some of the trainer card parts. I noticed I messed up on one of them Tongue
Back to top Go down
Snakehead
Admin Leader
Admin Leader

PostSubject: Re: Trainer Card Tutorial   Trainer Card Tutorial EmptyFri Apr 18, 2008 9:22 am

Eevee Brothers wrote:
Lol, nice! I would think blue would look the best! Or green! They both would look awsome! Im gona make some more of the cards later, and edit them onto the "Trainer Card Tutorial" post. Im also gona update some of the trainer card parts. I noticed I messed up on one of them Tongue

What bit was messed up?

And since i'm typing now i may as well show you the trainer card so far;
Trainer Card Tutorial Thetrainercarddb9
What do you think, i haven't added any sprites or put my own name in yet.
Back to top Go down
Eevee Brothers
Co Admin
Co Admin
Eevee Brothers

PostSubject: Re: Trainer Card Tutorial   Trainer Card Tutorial EmptyFri Apr 18, 2008 9:45 am

That looks awsome! I updated the "Details Trainer Card Part" so now you can put any badges on there. I also made it have a box around it. So if you want to use those. Just make part six again and put it over that one. But other than that, that looks awsome!!! I have really only made a couple cards. Im posting them in the first post. If anyone wants to use them go ahead. Im not gona, lol. Im also makeing a tutorial on how to make the name the rght way. The name is the hardest and longest part I think!
Back to top Go down
Snakehead
Admin Leader
Admin Leader

PostSubject: Re: Trainer Card Tutorial   Trainer Card Tutorial EmptyFri Apr 18, 2008 10:16 am

With the sprite tutorial i think it's just a matter of cropping to the right size then making the background color, normally white, transparent. You can do this in gimp by selecting the area that you want to make transparent with the magic wand tool, then right click and hover of an option called layer. It should open another set of options with one called transparency, hover the mouse over this then click add alpha channel. Once thats done you can select the part you want transparent with the magic wand tool then press the delete button on your keyboard or right click and click clear. If it has worked then the transparent arena should has Grey and White checkered pattern on it. After thats done select your sprite then drag it across to the box you want it in.
Back to top Go down
Eevee Brothers
Co Admin
Co Admin
Eevee Brothers

PostSubject: Re: Trainer Card Tutorial   Trainer Card Tutorial EmptyFri Apr 18, 2008 11:04 am

I got the Sprite Tutorial Up. Now im going to do the name. This one will take a wile! Ill post it later.
Back to top Go down
RedAbsolLuver
Pokemon egg
Pokemon egg
RedAbsolLuver

Number of posts : 32
Trainer Card Tutorial Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100Trainer Card Tutorial Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2008-04-07

PostSubject: re: trainer card tutorial   Trainer Card Tutorial EmptySat Apr 19, 2008 8:50 am

*pops out randomly*
And I still have the one from PokeStadium Suspect !? WOW. I didn't even download it... Sad
Back to top Go down
PCG520
MMO Co-ordinator
MMO Co-ordinator
PCG520

Number of posts : 177

Registration date : 2008-04-06

PostSubject: Re: Trainer Card Tutorial   Trainer Card Tutorial EmptySat Apr 19, 2008 12:09 pm

I added that website for sprites to the Sprites and Tutorial page under the MMO News Downloads and Tutorials. Hope you don't mind. Cool
Back to top Go down
http://gunz.ijji.com
Eevee Brothers
Co Admin
Co Admin
Eevee Brothers

PostSubject: Re: Trainer Card Tutorial   Trainer Card Tutorial EmptySat Apr 19, 2008 4:30 pm

No problem Big Grin I was going to do it sometime. But was over at my cousins and didn't get the chance to.
Back to top Go down
Snakehead
Admin Leader
Admin Leader

PostSubject: Re: Trainer Card Tutorial   Trainer Card Tutorial EmptySun Apr 20, 2008 5:05 am

Eevee Brothers wrote:

Here are some I have done. Whach out if you have darker pictures. When you lighten them, they may turn out weird looking.
Laugh lol!

Eevee Brothers wrote:
Trainer Card Tutorial Trainercard1wg9 Trainer Card Tutorial Trainercard2fj7 Trainer Card Tutorial Trainercard3yx8
Were did you get the background pictures from? Because i'm having trouble looking for good pictures.
Back to top Go down
Eevee Brothers
Co Admin
Co Admin
Eevee Brothers

PostSubject: Re: Trainer Card Tutorial   Trainer Card Tutorial EmptySun Apr 20, 2008 6:47 am

I just look on the internet. If you have Internet Explorer (or Yahoo). Right ubove the "Search" box. There will be a thing that says "images", click that and whatever things you type into the search box. Will come out as pictures. Just type in something like "Pokemon Eevee" and it will come up with Eevee pictures. Then look for one you like and there ya go!

Edit*
Im geting the badges around, and text. Things like that, im also geting some other cards. Not only Trainer Cards, but Frontier Cards and Co-ordinator Cards. So if you don't want a Trainer. You could alwase have a Frontier, lol. I should have them up in a bit.
Back to top Go down
Snakehead
Admin Leader
Admin Leader

PostSubject: Re: Trainer Card Tutorial   Trainer Card Tutorial EmptySun Apr 20, 2008 1:06 pm

Trainer Card Tutorial 2hcp3xy
I found the cards on pokecharms so we can't use them but we can use it for ideas for ranger cards.
Also i think I've got frontier badges somewhere on my pc I will post them when i find them.

Edit: also got these:
Trainer Card Tutorial Vr535s

what do you think?
Back to top Go down
Eevee Brothers
Co Admin
Co Admin
Eevee Brothers

PostSubject: Re: Trainer Card Tutorial   Trainer Card Tutorial EmptySun Apr 20, 2008 8:57 pm

Im geting the other kinds of cards made. Ill post the text and things like that on the first post. So you guys can use it. Should be up there in a sec.
Back to top Go down
Eevee Brothers
Co Admin
Co Admin
Eevee Brothers

PostSubject: Re: Trainer Card Tutorial   Trainer Card Tutorial EmptyTue Apr 22, 2008 4:11 pm

I finaly got the name tutorial up. Now you can make your full trainer card. Or frontier or co-ordinator card. Im still working on geting some other cards for them. Ill post when there done.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Trainer Card Tutorial   Trainer Card Tutorial Empty

Back to top Go down

Trainer Card Tutorial
Page 1 of 1